Saturday 11 May 2013

Purple & Silver Wedding Cake



Back in September I made a Wedding cake for a couple who wanted a purple and silver themed cake.

After deciding on the design they went for a three tiered stacked cake. (They sent me a picture of a cake - so all credit for the original design goes to Cupkates.)
This was a 10", 8" and 6".

They wanted Cadbury's Purple ribbon on the bottom and top tiers, and Silver ribbon on the middle.
The middle tier was coloured purple to complement the purple ribbon, with silver hearts cut from modelling paste.
The bottom and top tiers had stripes of purple sugarpaste and the top tier had little purple hearts on it.
The top was left clear because the groom was sorting out a surprise topper.

I had white sugarpaste (fondant) which I coloured purple myself with Grape Violet Sugarflair paste colour. I just added more colour using a cocktail stick until I got a colour close to the Cadbury's purple.

 
 

The bottom and middle tiers were a moist, light fruit cake covered with marzipan and sugarpaste.
The top tier was vanilla sponge filled with jam and vanilla buttercream, covered with sugarpaste.


The silver hearts were cut from modelling paste then painted with a metallic silver dusting powder which is completely edible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is always welcome, feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.